Lead Access Service Representative - Center For Community Health - Day-Evening Shift Including Alternating Weekend & Some Holidays
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Join the team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and work with a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, the Lead Access Service Representative is responsible for setting the stage for the patient experience, by professionally and efficiently provide patients and visitors with unparalleled customer service in keeping with NewYork-Presbyterian’s goal of “We put Patients First.” Under direction, maintains a smooth workflow within the assigned department registration areas. Oversees the registration process to ensure patients are registered courteously, confidentially, efficiently, accurately. Interview patient or representatives for financial and demographic data and accurately inputting information into the Hospital’s ADT/EHR computer systems. Performs a variety of clerical duties directly related to the registration, admissions, discharges, and transfers of patients according to the New York Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital’s policies and procedures.
This is a full time day/evening shift position 12:00pm-8:00pm including alternating weekends and some holidays, located at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital Center for Community Health.
- Experience in a complex clinic setting and/or Patient Access Department
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two years of registrar related experience.
- Basic computer literacy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Superior customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.