Laboratory Prep Tech - Core Laboratory - Night Shift Including Rotating Weekends-Holidays
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Night (United States of America)
Join the Laboratory team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and lead a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
Laboratory Prep Technician – Laboratory Specimen Processing - Night Shift
As a Laboratory Prep Technician, you will perform the duties necessary in the processing of laboratory specimens (pre-analytic) and handling of specimens post-testing (post-analytic). This includes the registration of non-inpatients, entry of orders into the laboratory computer, labeling of specimens with computer labels, delivery of specimens to laboratory section, centrifuging and racking as appropriate, and general clerical support of laboratory functions. Additional responsibilities will include preparation and packaging of samples and packing list, and management of pending lists as instructed.
This is full time night shift position 12:00am-8:00am with rotating weekends/Holidays at NewYork-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
- Associates degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of six months laboratory experience
- Basic computer skills required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.