Inventory Specialist - Surgical Services - Days
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Feel the Pride of History-Making Surgical Care
Bring your talents to NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, where we’re proudly introducing the world to the future of surgical care and caring. Our dedicated employees stand behind the excellent reputation NYP Brooklyn Methodist Hospital has earned during the 135 years it has served our community and now you have the opportunity to join us.
Inventory Specialist – Surgical Services - Days
Join our Surgical Services Department as an Inventory Specialist where you will responsible for assisting in the procurement and control of materials and equipment necessary for the successful functioning of the Department. You will control operating room inventory ensuring all supplies and equipment necessary are available to complete the daily assignments of the surgical areas. You will collaborate with various Departments to ensure quality and safety of all equipment and supplies used in the Hospital and conduct in-service programs for staff relative to the use of new materials and equipment.
This is a full-time, Monday – Friday 9:00AM - 5:00PM, day shift position located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- Associates Degree preferred
- Knowledge and expertise with inventory and supplies for all perioperative specialties
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Operating Room materials management and/or purchasing
- Strong business acumen and communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.