Imaging Technologist - Radiology Diagnostic - Part-Time - Evening Shift
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Responsible for all standard Diagnostic procedures, advanced OR Diagnostic procedures, Portable Cat Scan and Diagnostic exams.
- Reviews clinical information on requisition for each patient, prepares and executes the requested examination according to the standard operating procedures or the radiologist in charge.
- Identifies each patient following departmental protocol, reviews requisition and records pertinent data on requisition to (Cerner) at all times. (Pregnancy, LMC, reason for exams limited views, reasons for delay, etc.)
- Assists radiologists and other physicians in performing exams when necessary. Image Processing to PACS in correct patient folder Captures correct anatomical part and marker I.D. on all required images and ensures proper film identification on all images. Reviews each examination for technical accuracy.
- High School Diploma/GED required, Associates degree preferred.
- Graduate from an accredited program in the school of Radiologic Technology
- ARRT certification in Radiography
- New York State Department of Health License required
- Must obtain at least 24 continuing education credits every 2 years as per ARRT requirements
- Candidate must possess minimum of one-year experience in General Diagnostic Radiology or graduate students of our clinical affiliate, Center of Allied Health Education School of Radiology (formerly Bartone School of Radiology) with one year of observed clinical training will be considered.
- O.R. experience preferred
- Working weekends and holidays are required
Work requires standing, walking, pushing, sitting, pulling, lifting, talking and hearing.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.