HVAC Mechanic - Full Time - Days
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
In this role, the HVAC Mechanic repairs and maintains HVAC equipment, and keeps equipment in effective and operating condition.
- Perform daily inspection of room's air pressure.
- Maintain and control temperature and humidity.
- Perform air balancing when required.
- Troubleshoot and perform repair on mechanical equipment.
- Perform maintenance to reheat coils, as well as preheat and cooling coils for air handler units.
- Replace filters during seasonal changes.
- Perform maintenance and repair of refrigerator, freezers, ice makers, pumps.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency required. Vocational or technical school training preferred.
- Must have minimum two years hands on experience of troubleshooting HVAC and mechanical ventilation equipment.
- Must be familiar with recognized safety procedures related to equipment repair.
- EPA approved CFC Universal certification, preferred.
- NYFD refrigeration licensed, preferred.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.