Health Priorities Specialist - Robert Center for Community Health - Evenings
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Health Education That Ensures High Quality Care:
Discover a Mission-Driven Career
Bring your talents to NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist,and help drive the success of our Community Health Navigation Program. Here, we work to improve the health of the medically underserved community in Brooklyn by linking them to high-quality, comprehensive medical services. We continuously strive to advance these services through community partnerships, teaching and advocacy. Find out how you can make an impact:
Health Priorities Specialist - Robert Center for Community Health Navigation - Evenings
In this role, you will meet with patients in our Emergency Department to discuss services that would improve the lives of them and their families. By learning about patients' social determinant of health needs, Health Priority Specialists assist patients with navigation to social services programs such as health insurance, food stamps, legal services, and job placement, by helping them connect with community-based providers. Go above and beyond by coordinating services for patients and confirming that their needs were met in the community.
This is a full-time, 3:00PM - 11:00PM evening shift position including rotating weekend and holiday coverage. This position is located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- Fluent in Russian highly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 - 3 years' experience in Primary or Community Health required
- Knowledge of community patient and family needs and of the Hospital and community resources to meet those needs
- Bilingual (English and Russian, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese and/or French Creole)
- Diverse and culturally sensitive customer service skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working weekends and holidays is required
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.