Health Priorities Specialist - Evenings - Fluency in Haitian Creole
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Health Education That Ensures High Quality Care:
Discover a Mission-Driven Career
Bring your talents to NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist,and help drive the success of our Robert Community Health Navigation Program. Here, we work to improve the health of the medically underserved community in Brooklyn by linking them to high-quality, comprehensive medical services. We continuously strive to advance these services through community partnerships, teaching and advocacy. Find out how you can make an impact:
Health Priorities Specialist - Robert Center for Community Health NavigationProgram - Evenings
In this role, you will meet with patients to discuss services that would improve the lives of them and their families. By learning about patients' social determinant of health needs, Health Priority Specialists assist patients with navigation to social services programs such as health insurance, food stamps, legal services, and job placement, by helping them connect with community-based providers. Go above and beyond by coordinating services for patients and confirming that their needs were met in the community.
This is a full-time, 3:00PM - 11:00PM evening shift position including rotating weekend and holiday coverage. This position is located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Primary or Community Health required
- Bilingual English and Haitian Creole
- Knowledge of community, patient and family needs and the Hospital and community resources to meet those needs
- Diverse and culturally sensitive customer service skills and excellent communication skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2020-2021." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.