Food Service Worker - Food & Nutrition - Part Time - Evenings
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
In this role, the Food Service Worker is responsible to read and interpret tray tickets in order to accurately place foods on trays and checks trays for completion and accuracy, make manual diet changes on trays prior to cart loading, set up workstations and provide meal service to staff and visitors from the cafeteria. Performs breakdown and clean up of workstations and perform other related duties as needed.
- Prepare tray with the items indicated for the patients' meal. Pass trays to patients on assigned units. Pick up dirty trays and trucks for assigned units.
- Check for accuracy on the tray following the correct diet menu
- Load trucks for delivery in proper room sequence.
- Transfer delivery trucks to appropriate units. Deliver late trays and extra items to patients on assigned units.
- Set up POD station before each meal service and at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Set up steam table; check for accurate menu items and appropriate serving utensils.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency required.
- Prior work experience in an institutional food service environment is required including cashiering, catering, cooking, and kitchen prep and cafeteria service.
- Must be able to write food orders and food requisitions.
- Basic computer literacy is required.
- Must be knowledgeable of food safety HACCP Program, ex. food temp etc.
- Steady work history, good communication skills, and ability to move quickly.
- Ability to communicate in English is critical.
Work requires standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, color vision, and manual dexterity. Must be able to lift, pull and push 10 pounds at intervals.
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.