Food Service Worker - Food & Nutrition - Part-Time - Evenings 4:30pm-8:30pm Including Weekends and Holidays
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Join the team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and lead a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, the Food Service Worker is responsible to read and interpret tray tickets in order to accurately place foods on trays and checks trays for completion and accuracy, make manual diet changes on trays prior to cart loading, set up workstations and provide meal service to staff and visitors from the cafeteria. Performs breakdown and clean-up of work stations and perform other related duties as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Prior work experience in an institutional food service environment is required including cashiering, catering, cooking and kitchen prep. & cafeteria service.
- Must be able to write food orders and food requisitions.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Must be knowledgeable of food safety HACCP Program. Ex. Food temp etc.
- Steady work history, good communication skills, and ability to move quickly.
- Ability to communicate in English is critical.
- Work requires standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, color vision, and manual dexterity. Must be able to lift, pull and push 10 pounds at intervals.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.