Financial Reviewer - Admitting - Days
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
In this role, under direction, the Financial Reviewer responsible for ensuring insurance capture of all ED patients ready for or discharged. Interviews patients or representatives for financial data and determines patient eligibility for Medicaid, charity care, or other government assistance. Ensures patient understands the costs associated with the visit, how much their insurance covers, and what is their fiscal responsibility.
- Collect/Update patient demographic and financial information. Knowledge regarding all payers including accurate selection of financial classes, insurance plan codes and associated information.
- Knowledge of managed care requirements regarding billing, and assisting patients or physicians in obtaining referral and/or authorization from payer.
- Screens patients for Medicaid eligibility and assist them with the application process.
- Evaluates patients for Charity Care and assists them with the application process.
- Accepts cash, check, and/or credit card for co-payments or visit fees. Issues receipts for payments and prepares balance reports as per established procedures.
- Verifies current insurance. Searches for secondary insurance sources through interview or electronically, and updates the account accordingly.
- Resolves account and billing issues by coordinating with other departments as needed.
- Maintains accurate record on: number of Medicaid & Charity Care applications given, number of times insurance is uncovered, number of insurance code corrections. Reports monthly.
- Reports monthly on total amount of co-pays and fees collected.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School Diploma/GED required, Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum one year of current hospital patient registration experience.
- Experience in financial counseling/collections preferred.
- Basic computer literacy is required.
- Must have strong written & verbal communication & customer service skills.
- Working knowledge in WORD & EXCEL.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.