Director of Human Resources
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital has a long tradition of bringing hope, health and healing to our communities. Join the leadership team as Director of Human Resources at New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report), and help build on our reputation as a world-class employer.
The Human Resources Director is responsible for providing strategic consultation and advice to ensure alignment of human resources philosophy to the business objectives and mission of the Hospital. In supporting the Vice President of Human Resources, you will partner with the business and be a change agent within the organization to foster a positive culture of engagement. Design and implement strategies and processes, which effectively and productively guide, counsel, and coach supervisory staff and employees. Utilize your staff management experience to oversee and guide a team of HR Business Partners and support staff. Regularly recommend ways to improve labor and employee relations, and communicate changes in policies and procedures.
- Master’s or Advanced Degree
- Healthcare experience
- Experience working with a Union population / Labor relations experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- HR Leadership experience, with an emphasis as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and critical thinking skills to build and strengthen relationships with employees and unions and quickly resolve identified issues
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.