Dental Assistant - Dental Medicine - Part-Time - Evenings-Weekends
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Engaged Employees Who Perform at Their Best:
This is Where Amazing Works
Dental Assistant - Dental Medicine - Part-Time - Evenings/Weekends
Transform your career as a Dental Assistant at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital and thrive as a valued member of the team and feel the pride of mission-driven achievement. Step into our fast-paced and rewarding environment, and keep us performing at the highest level. Now, we are seeking a skilled Dental Assistant to help Make It Possible.
The Dental Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Dentists and Dental Residents with clinical procedures and perform all duties in compliance with safety and infection control guidelines. The Dental Assistant is also responsible for instrument preparation and sterilization while maintaining the oral operative areas clear of debris during dental procedures. In addition, the Dental Assistant will greet and seat patients promptly, gather medical history and take patient vital signs. Get inspired by our patient-focused team, and feel the pride of making a difference.
This is a part-time position with evening hours from 4:00PM - 9:30PM and weekend hours from 8:30AM - 4:30PM. This position is located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- Certified Dental Assistant National Board Certification, or Board Eligible
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be a graduate of a dental assistant training program and/or two years of related experience working within a dental office environment
- Must have experience working with Dental EMR, Dentrix Enterprise/EZ Dental
- Must have experience working with digital radiography (Dental X-Rays)
- Computer proficiency with knowledge of Windows-based computer applications
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to operate standard office equipment
- Must have dental front office experience
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.