Coding Specialist - Ambulatory Care Services - Medicine Clinic - Days
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
In this role, the Coding Specialist reviews medical record information to select documented diagnoses and procedures. In accordance with ICD-10-CM and CPT coding guidelines, assigns appropriate codes and APC's for statistical and reimbursement purposes; will perform duties assigned consistent with NYPBMH's commitment to provide quality health care services in a compassionate and humane manner.
- Reviews superbill documentation in EMR to substantiate diagnoses & procedures.
- Accurately codes records in accordance with established ICD-10-CM & CPT coding guidelines in the EMR and Eagle systems.
- Accurately abstracts and enters coded clinical data into EMR/Eagle system.
- Investigates conflicting information on superbill.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of ICD10 & CPT coding, CMS Guidelines.
- Maintains confidentiality of all protected health information (PHI).
- Provides data to the CBO (Central Billing Office).
- Makes corrections on reports provided by CBO and Patient Financial Department.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency required.
- ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 Coding Certificate required.
- CCS or CCS-P certification preferred.
- One year EMR/Eagle coding experience required.
- Athena, Cerner or Epic EMR experience preferred.
- Candidate must be detail oriented with excellent communication and judgment skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018" - U.S.News & World Report
- 2017 “Best Large Workplaces in New York.” - Great Place to Work and Fortune
- 2017 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers