Clinical Nurse Manager - BMH PACU- ASC Pre/Post Units
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Setting Standards, Changing Lives
Clinical Nurse Manager- BMH PACU/ ASC Pre/Post Units
Transform your nursing career at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital. Here, our nurses bring inspiring commitment and compassion to every patient. Be the face of effectiveness, nursing-led excellence and compliance as a Clinical Nurse Manager across NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist. Join us, and foster passion for the hospital-wide mission - Putting Patients First. It’s your opportunity to share clinical decision-making, inspirational leadership, supportive colleagues and much more.
As the Clinical Nurse Manager, you will manage patient care delivery on the PACU units, and ASC Pre/Post units, serving as a clinical resource and administrator in the absence of unit leaders or when care-related issues arise. You will facilitate efficient and cost effective daily operations of the units in relation to patient throughput including admissions, discharges and transfers. You will promotes a culture of safety and quality by ensuring continuity and consistency in the implementation of established standards, protocols, policies and procedures. In collaboration with the Director of Nursing, the Clinical Nurse Manager will participate in the establishment of the unit’s short and long term goals and ensures its alignment with the hospital’s overall strategic goals. Additional responsibilities include monitoring staff for compliance with regulatory, hospital and divisional requirements.
This is a full time position 1:00PM-11PM, 4 days a week, located at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital. Flexibility regarding shift hours as needed. Monitoring unit activities on a twenty-four (24)-hour basis.
- Master's Degree in related area
- 2+ years of acute care RN experience in PACU or ICU
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Current New York State Registered Nurse license
- Minimum of one year of acute care RN experience
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support certifications from the American Heart Association
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.