Clinical Laboratory Technologist - Laboratory Service Core - Nights Including Rotating Weekends/Holidays
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Night (United States of America)
Discover Where Amazing Works:
Clinical Laboratory Technologist - Laboratory Service Core - Nights
Join the Laboratory team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and lead a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
As a Clinical Laboratory Technologist, you will be responsible to make independent judgments to perform routine and special tests as required in our Pathology and Lab Medicine Department. Additional responsibilities include reviewing and approving final test and quality control results, logging in specimens, maintaining and transmitting reports clearly and accurately, and responding appropriately to professional staff and patient demands while providing a high quality of service.
This is a full-time, 12:00AM - 8:00AM night shift position with rotating weekends located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology or equivalent with one year clinical training
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist licensure from the New York State Education Department
- One-year of experience preferred
- ASCP preferred.
- Strong communication skills with multi-disciplinary teams
- Must have the ability to work independently
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.