Clinical Laboratory Technologist - Laboratory-Microbiology - Evenings
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
In this role, he/she will be responsible to make independent judgments to perform routine and special tests as required in our Laboratory-Microbiology Department. Duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Reviewing and approving final test and quality control results.
- Logging in specimens.
- Maintaining records and transmits reports clearly and accurately.
- Responding appropriately to professional staff and patient demands.
- Assisting management in sustaining a high quality of service.
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology or equivalent with one year clinical training
- NYS Clinical Laboratory License required
- One-year of experience in microbiology preferred
- ASCP preferred.
- Must have the ability to work independently
- Working weekends and holidays are required
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.