Clinical Laboratory Technologist - Center for Community Health - Day Shift Monday-Friday
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Showcase your expertise @ NYP
It takes an Amazing Specimen to work in our Labs
NewYork-Presbyterian is one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems, dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients in the New York metropolitan area and throughout the globe. The Center for Community Health, opening January 2021 in the heart of Park Slope at our NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, will set a new bar in personalized outpatient care -- from diagnosis to treatment -- by integrating new technologies and innovative clinical approaches to provide the highest quality care and enhance the patient experience.
This 400,000 –square foot, multi-specialty ambulatory center encompasses a Comprehensive Cancer and Women’s Health Center, 12 ambulatory surgery operating rooms and Multispecialty physician practices. Our new state-of-the-art building encompasses three 600 ton chillers, five individual air handling units and Schneider control systems.
Clinical Laboratory Technologist – Center for Community Health – Day Shift
In this role, the Clinical Laboratory Technologist will be responsible to make independent judgments to perform routine and special tests as required in our Pathology and Lab Medicine Department. You will assume responsibility for problem-solving, quality control, safety and teaching new employees, students and residents. You will receive and process specimens for analysis according to established standard operating procedures (SOPs). You will evaluate specimen problems and follows the procedure for specimen rejection. You will be responsible for performing and documents daily Quality Control (QC). You will recognize problems and abnormal values and use judgment to institute proper measures to maintain test accuracy and precision.
This is a full time day shift position Monday-Friday 10:00am-6:00pm, located at the NewYork-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital Center for Community Health.
Competitive sign-on bonus up to $10K:
New graduates eligible
Experiential bonus commensurate with experience
Additional bonus for night shift
- One-year of experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology with one year clinical training.
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist licensure from the New York State Education Department.
- Strong communication skills with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
Join us at NYP’s newest state-of-the-art ambulatory care center and make a difference in the lives of our patients as you build a rewarding career.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.