Clinical Laboratory Technologist - Blood Bank - Part-Time - Weekend Days Saturdays & Sundays
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Weekends (United States of America)
In this role, he/she will be responsible to use independent judgment to perform simple and complex laboratory tests in the Blood Bank Department.
- Collects and/or processes specimens for analysis according to established procedures.
- Performs all tests within assigned section, according to procedure manual, with accuracy, precision and within productivity standards.
- Performs and documents daily Quality Control. Recognizes problems and abnormal values and uses judgment to institute proper measures to maintain test accuracy and precision.
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology or equivalent with one year of clinical training.
- NYS Medical Technology License required. ASCP Preferred.
- Three (3) years of blood bank experience preferred.
- Strong Communication skills, organized and detail oriented.
- Candidate must have the ability to work independently.
- Working on Saturday and Sunday is required.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.