Clinical Laboratory Tech PD - Microbiology - Evening Shift
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Join the team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and work with a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, the Clinical Laboratory Technologist uses independent judgment to perform simple and complex laboratory tests. Apply the principles, theories and techniques of Medical Technology to produce accurate, reproducible laboratory results. Assume responsibility for problem-solving, quality control, safety and teaching new employees, students and residents. Works under the supervision of the section Supervisor/Manager.
This is a full time evening shift position 4:00pm-12:00am including rotating weekends/holidays at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
Competitive sign-on bonus up to $10K:
New graduates eligible
Experiential bonus commensurate with experience
Additional bonus for night shift
- 1-year experience
- ASCP certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or related degree.
- Licensed by New York State Education Department (NYSED) as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Strong communication skills, organized and detail oriented
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.