Certified Surgical Technician - Operating Room - Nights
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Night Flex (United States of America)
Feel the Pride of History-Making Surgical Care and Caring
Certified Surgical Technician - Surgical Services - Nights
Bring your talents to NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, where we’re proudly introducing the world to the future of surgical care and caring. Across the NYP enterprise, exceptionally skilled professionals like you are shaping the field and improving the lives of countless human beings. Find out how you can help Make It Possible.
Join our high-profile team, and build on our reputation for excellence as you provide crucial support to physicians throughout a wide range of surgical procedures in the main Operating Room. Thrive in a fast-paced environment that challenges you to perform at your best every day and fosters your continued growth and advancement. Experience life at the forefront of a better tomorrow – for patients, our hospital and your career.
This is a full time night shift position, working from 6:45PM - 7:15AM including rotating weekends and holidays.
- Prior experience as an OR/Surgical Tech
- Multi-specialty Operating Room experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technician Program with a minimum of 500 hours of clinical experience in the role of a scrub technician
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist by the Association of Surgical Technologist or Surgical Technician by the National Board of Surgical Technician and Surgical Assisting or National Healthcare Association (NHA)
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in an Operating Room setting with clinical experience in General Surgery, GYN, Orthopedics, Vascular and ENT Services
- Knowledge of Perioperative Nursing Practice & Patient Care
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) certification
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.