CDI/DRG Validator - Health Information Management - Days
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Maximize Compliance & Integrity at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital:
You Make It Possible
Clinical Documentation Information (CDI)/DRG Validator - Health Information Management - Days
Bring your expertise to NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, where talented, detail-oriented professionals like you are supporting standards for the hospital's Health Information Management Department. With your exceptional documentation and coding, interpersonal and communication skills, you’ll gain insights that will help us enhance the patient experience and solidify our reputation for excellence. Find out how you can Make It Possible.
Reporting to the CDI Manager, this position has multi-focal responsibilities that focus on integrity of the clinical documentation process. This includes performing concurrent and retrospective compliance reviews on CDI and DRG cases and providing educational guidance on areas of opportunity. Additionally, the CDI/DRG Validator will be responsible for providing education on best practices in adherence to all Federal and State regulatory requirements. You will also be responsible for assessing areas of risk and educating providers and physicians regarding identified documentation and coding deficiencies.
This is a full-time, day shift position located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- ICD 10 Train the Trainer
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Management or in a Health Services discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Coding/CDI and progressive DRG validation experience
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP)
- Extensive knowledge of coding, clinical documentation integrity and DRG reimbursement methodology
- Must be detail oriented and able to effectively evaluate identified problems and recommend the appropriate corrective action
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.