Cancer Registrar Coordinator - Cancer Registry - Days
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Cancer Registry Coordinator - Cancer Registry
Pursue this crucial role, where you will plan, administer and direct the operation of the Cancer Registry in conjunction with the Hospital’s Cancer Program (an accredited program of the American College of Surgeons). Coordinate the various components of the Hospital’s cancer program under the direction of the Cancer Committee.
Your work will help us bring innovative care and support to our communities, extending health and wellness to hundreds of individuals. Now, you can become one of the people who Make It Possible. Create systems to identify patients in need of screenings and diagnostic testing in community practices and the Cancer Services Program, assess barriers to care and help them overcome barriers through referral to social services and navigate them through the continuum of care. Oversee the peer review abstracting of cancer cases and follow-up of patient information to ensure accuracy, consistency, and quality, and the reporting of all appropriate cancer cases to state and federal agencies to ensure proper reporting as required. Evaluate efficiency of all strategies and work with team to reduce disparities and increase adherence to cancer services. This role includes managing data and reporting, along with collaboration with the case manager and clinical partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management preferred
- Previous supervisory experience
- Certification as an accredited Tumor Registrar
- Associate’s Degree required
- Minimum of two years of experience as Tumor Registrar
- Excellent writing and communication skills – possesses verbal and written skills to convey mission and purpose to internal and external stakeholders
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.