Bio Medical Tech - Biomed - Day Shift Including Weekends-Holidays And Flexibility To Cover Evening Shifts As Needed
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Join the Biomed team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and work with a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, as Biomedical Technician, you will have direct hands-on exposure to Installations, incoming inspections, repairs, preventive maintenance, and de-installations of medical equipment. Join a team of focused professionals and expeditiously analyze/diagnose technical problems down to component level on various medical equipment. You will also have an exciting chance to coordinate medical equipment services provided by service vendors.
This is a full time day shift position 8:00am-4:00pm including weekends/holidays and flexibility to cover evening shifts as needed, located at NewYork-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- At least two years of experience in biomedical engineering, electronics, computer engineering, or related.
- High school diploma/GED
- Basic computer literacy.
- Ability to read equipment electrical, electronic and mechanical diagrams.
- Strong electronics, electrical, and mechanical repair skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience with medical equipment maintenance management systems.
- Basic knowledge of equipment cleaning, disinfection and sterilization.
- Expert level knowledge of biomedical test devices.
- Good knowledge of electronics
- Good knowledge of computer hardware and operating systems.
- Experience with MS Excel and MS Word.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.