Bariatric Surgical Reviewer - Surgery - Days
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Make It Possible at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
Bariatric Surgical Reviewer – Surgery - Days
At NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, We Put Patients First, and have been caring for the surrounding communities for over 135 years! We utilize top technology, practicing with confidence and compassion—and experiencing the heights of fulfilling professional respect and achievement. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger.
As a Bariatric Surgical Reviewer, you will be responsible to collect and submit detailed clinical data to the American College of Surgeons (ACS) Bariatric Data Registry Platform. This program, works closely with the members of the bariatric surgery practice and facilitates data collection and transmission between practices and the ACS Center of Excellence Program. Join our team and help to Make It Possible.
This is a full time, Monday – Friday, 7:30AM – 3:30PM day shift position with occasional Saturday coverage. This position is located at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- One year of experience in a hospital clinical department or surgery clinic or medical records department
- Basic statistical knowledge
- Quality improvement or patient safety knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Clinical chart review and abstraction experience
- Ability to interact with all members of the bariatric surgical team and administrative staff in a professional and courteous manner
- Must be detailed oriented and able to work independently, have excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.