Assistant Supervisor - Security - Evenings
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
In this role, the Assistant Supervisor will provide a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, and employees. Assistant Supervisors will be responsible to make decisions to safeguard the hospital and to see that the Security Department runs efficiently. Assistant Supervisors will effectively take responsibility as such to perform his/her duties as an Asst. Supervisor. The Supervisor uses discretion and judgment and will perform all duties assigned consistent with NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital's commitment to proving quality health care services in a compassionate and humane manner.
- Supervises and directs Security Officer assigned to his/her shift.
- Oversees Security Officer's activities on assigned shift.
- Creates shift and duty assignments.
- Monitors CCTV cameras.
- Provides traffic control.
- Patrols the hospital, grounds and parking lots.
- Responsible for inventory, transport and storage of patient valuables and after-hour patient deposits.
- Investigates incidents/activities of criminal nature and submits written reports to Security Director and law enforcement agencies as directed.
- Control loud or disorderly patients or visitors.
- Conducts quarterly fire drills.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- One-year of security experience within a hospital or related medical setting.
- Valid active Driver's license.
- Defensive Driving Course Certificate required with a current NY State Security Guard License.
- Completion of 8 & 16 hours courses.
- Must be able to write legibly and clearly.
- Basic computer literacy required.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.