Asian Language Specialist - Asian Health Institute - Day Shift Including Weekends And Holidays As Needed
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Join the team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and work with a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, under the direction and supervision of the Director, provides interpreter services onsite and offsite during events. Assists in coordinating and planning educational and outreach events. Assist patients, families, and staff with problems and concerns.
This is a full time day shift position from 10:00am-6:00pm Including Weekends & Holidays as needed.
- 1 year healthcare experience preferably in a hospital setting.
- Certificate of Completion in an interpreter Training Program.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience will be considered in place of Bachelor’s Degree) and Foreign Language.
- Verbal and written fluency in Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin).
- Ability to multi-task and a self-starter.
- Ability to work with a diverse patient population
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and ability to write clearly and concisely for varied audiences utilizing different platforms in English and Chinese.
- Some weekend and evening work will be required.
- Basic computer literacy.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.