Appeals Specialist - RN - Finance - Days
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Impact the Big Picture:
You Can Help Make It Possible
Appeals Specialist – RN – Finance - Days
Step into NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, where customer service is crucial to our long-standing success in serving the community for over 135 years. Working at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist you’ll help drive our financial growth while building on our reputation for excellence. It’s the kind of work that’s essential to a better tomorrow. Find out how you can Make It Possible.
Take on this important role as an Appeals Specialist, responsible for reviewing fiscal denials and assisting in the preparation of correspondence to all third-party payers. Review denial letters and medical records to determine the appropriate approach on whether an appeal should be pursued. Track and trend denial information over time and report to the Utilization Review Committee. Work in collaboration with the Director to develop departmental policies and procedures to maximize reimbursement to the Hospital.
This is a full-time, day shift position located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- Patient Review Instrument (PRI) Accessor preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current NYS RN License or willingness to obtain
- Minimum of five years of RN experience
- Previous experience in Utilization Review, Discharge Planning, Case Management, Home Care or Quality Assurance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office Suite
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.