Administrative Assistant (Staten Island) - Neuroscience - Part-Time - Days
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Performs duties to include answering and screening telephone calls, typing, filing, maintaining files and scheduling appointments for patients and all other duties pertaining to patient scheduling.
- Register patients into Eagle system with all required information accurately in a timely fashion.
- Full utilization of computerized system including outpatient registration, visit notification and updating information.
- Schedule patients in Cerner and make reminder calls the day before visit/appointment
- Must accurately acquire patient referrals/authorization prior to office visit from 3rd party payer.
- Is responsible for obtaining insurance benefit information prior to office visit for each patient.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Minimum of three years of secretarial and/or Administrative Assistant experience in a hospital environment or other health care facility preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is a plus.
- Working 3 weekdays a week is required (Tuesday, Wednesday and flexible Thursday/Friday)
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital is a equal opportunity employer
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.