Access Service Representative - Spine & Arthritis Center - Days
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Make a lasting impression on patients at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital as an Access Service Representative. Assist patients with questions and concerns. Light up the room with your presence while making the promise of Putting Patients First a reality. Join a supportive team, and help us deliver superior customer service to our diverse local community. As a member of our administrative team, you'll discover what sets us apart - passion for the individuals and families in our care. Explore this opportunity:
Access Service Representative – Spine & Arthritis Center – Days
Register patients for a variety of procedures and appointments, and feel the pride of going above and beyond to help others. In this role, you'll obtain patient information and insurance information, and ensure proper scheduling. You'll record patient history while obtaining pre-certification and authorization for patients including transfers, billing and maintaining patient records. Most importantly, you will be the calm and reassuring presence patients need as they navigate their hospital experience.
This is a full-time position working Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10:30AM – 6:30PM, Tuesday and Thursday 10AM – 6PM.This position is located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- One year of previous experience as a Patient Service Access Representative preferred
- Knowledge of Eagle and Cerner
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of two years of registrar related experience
- Previous experience with inpatient admissions, obtaining and verifying insurance benefits, eligibility and authorizations for services required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Candidate must have the ability to problem-solve and prioritize to produce work assignments on a timely basis
- Energetic, approachable individual with a desire to Put Patients First
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.