Access Service Representative - Faculty Practice - Days
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Define the Patient Care Experience at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
Access Service Representative – Faculty Practice - Days
Make a lasting impression on patients at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital as an Access Service Representative. Assist patients with questions and concerns. Light up the room with your presence while making the promise of Putting Patients First a reality. Join a supportive team, and help us deliver superior customer service to our diverse local community. As a member of our administrative team, you'll discover what sets us apart - passion for the individuals and families in our care. Explore this opportunity:
Register patients for a variety of procedures and appointments, and feel the pride of going above and beyond to help others. In this role, you'll obtain patient information and insurance information, and ensure proper scheduling. You'll record patient history while obtaining pre-certification and authorization for patients including transfers, billing and maintaining patient records. Most importantly, you will be the calm and reassuring presence patients need as they navigate their hospital experience.
This is a full-time, day shift position located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- One year previous experience as a Patient Service Access Representative preferred
- Knowledge of Eagle and Cerner preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of two years of registrar related experience
- Previous experience with obtaining and verifying insurance benefits, cash/copay collection and reconciliation, eligibility and authorizations for services required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Candidate must have the ability to problem-solve and prioritize to produce work assignments on a timely basis
- Energetic, approachable individual with a desire to Put Patients First
This is an 1199 union position. The internal posting period for this position is 2/7/2019 - 2/11/2019.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.