Access Service Representative - Dental Medicine - Part-Time - Evenings
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Access Service Representative – Dental Medicine – Part-Time - Evenings
Make a lasting impression on patients at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital as an Access Service Representative. Assist patients with questions and concerns. Light up the room with your presence while making the promise of Putting Patients First a reality. Join a supportive team, and help us deliver superior customer service to our diverse local community. As a member of our administrative team, you'll discover what sets us apart - passion for the individuals and families in our care. Explore this opportunity:
Register patients for a variety of procedures and appointments, and feel the pride of going above and beyond to help others. In this role, you'll obtain patient information and insurance information, and ensure proper scheduling. You'll record patient history while obtaining pre-certification and authorization for patients including transfers, billing and maintaining patient records. Most importantly, you will be the calm and reassuring presence patients need as they navigate their hospital experience.
This is a part-time, evening shift position with a schedule of Monday - Thursday 4:00PM - 9:30PM and Saturday 8:00AM - 4:00PM. This position is located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- Previous experience in a Dental Clinic preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of one year of registrar related experience
- Must have strong knowledge of all dental insurance including third party insurance experience, and understanding of medical/dental terminology
- Proficiency in Medicare/Medicaid, HMO’s, and other commercial payers
- Proficient in Eagle registration and Dental EMR, Dentrix Enterprise, Dexis Digital Radiography and Cerner Scheduling
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Energetic, approachable individual with a desire to Put Patients First
This is an 1199 union position. The internal posting period for this position is 7/18/2019 - 7/22/2019.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.