Access Service Rep - Center for Community Health - Varied Shifts
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
NYP Advancing Care in Brooklyn
Discover Where Amazing Works
NewYork-Presbyterian is one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems, dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients in the New York metropolitan area and throughout the globe. The Center for Community Health, opening January 2021 in the heart of Park Slope at our NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, will set a new bar in personalized outpatient care -- from diagnosis to treatment -- by integrating new technologies and innovative clinical approaches to provide the highest quality care and enhance the patient experience.
This 400,000 –square foot, multi-specialty ambulatory center encompasses a Comprehensive Cancer and Women’s Health Center, 12 ambulatory surgery operating rooms and Multispecialty physician practices. Our new state-of-the-art building encompasses three 600 ton chillers, five individual air handling units and Schneider control systems.
Access Service Representative – Center for Community Health – Day Shift
In this role, you will be responsible for setting the stage for the patient experience, by professionally and efficiently provide patients and visitors with unparalleled customer service in keeping with NewYork-Presbyterian’s goal of “We put Patients First.” Under direction, maintains a smooth workflow within the assigned department registration areas. Oversees the registration process to ensure patients are registered courteously, confidentially, efficiently, accurately. Interview patient or representatives for financial and demographic data and accurately inputting information into the Hospital’s ADT/EHR computer systems. Performs a variety of clerical duties directly related to the registration, admissions, discharges, and transfers of patients according to the New York Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital’s policies and procedures.
This is a full time day shift 6am-2pm, 8am-4pm,10:00am-6:00pm and 12:30pm-8:00pm including Saturday position located at the NewYork-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital Center for Community Health.
- Experience in a complex clinic setting and/or Patient Access Department.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- High school diploma/GED
- Minimum of one year of registrar related experience.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Superior customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Standing, walking, sitting, push/pull 10+ lbs. reaching, talking, hearing.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.