Technician Medical Surgical-NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group-Westchester
LocationBronxville, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Technician Medical Surgical-Medical Assistant-NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group-Westchester
Multi Specialty: OB/GYN, Internal Medicine, Endocrinology
Mount Vernon location
40 hour work week
8:30am-5:00pm* Alternate Wednesday late night, 1-2 Saturday's per month.
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
- Greets patients, visitors and employees in a courteous manner. Identifies self to the patient and explains the procedures to be performed, clearly and concisely. Maintains ongoing awareness of patient needs when performing procedures which require physical contact, i.e., gentle positioning of patient, providing blanket for warmth, and modesty, and reassure patient during procedure. Responds to inquiries politely and promptly. Refers matters outside scope of own duties to appropriate others as necessary, keeping patients and other informed as needed.
- Observes patients conditions, reports abnormal conditions to staff nurse and records appropriate documentation in patient’s records. Measures and records patient height and weight, performs routine vision and hearing examinations, and takes pulse and blood pressure readings. Draws blood from patients and/or performs finger sticks and obtains other specimens as requested by physician or registered nurse.
- Assists with diagnostic procedures using aseptic principles in creating and maintaining a sterile field during procedures. Uses technical skills regarding positioning, wound care, and dressings.
- Prepares, collects and arranges for disposition of specimens; transports patients, Assists in the care of the body after death.
- Maintains stock items for examination and blood drawing rooms, forms used by clinical staff, etc. Notifies appropriate others to order depleted stock. Maintains a safe, sanitary and therapeutic environment for patient care; assists in the cleaning and maintenance of technical equipment used in patient care and utility room; reports equipment requiring repairs to appropriate others.
- May answer telephones and issue appointments as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Medical Assistant Certification
1+ years of experience as a Medical Assistant experience
OB/GYN, Internal Medicine, Endocrinology practice experience.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.