Staff Nurse - NewYork Presbyterian Medical Group-Westchester/Lawrence - Ful Time Day Flex
LocationBronxville, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
At NewYork-Presbyterian, nursing is a life-changing career journey focused on amazing patient outcomes every step of the way. Each of our nurses dares to be truly excellent – thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger.
You’ll work with the brightest minds in healthcare to make tomorrow better for countless human beings. It’s the kind of nursing that requires an unwavering commitment to excellence and a constant spirit of professionalism. And it’s your opportunity to enjoy flexible scheduling, shared clinical decision-making, inspirational leadership, supportive colleagues and much more. Now, you have the opportunity to join us.
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
As an integral member of the New York-Presbyterian Hospital (NYP) healthcare team, the Registered Professional Nurse (RN) upholds the NYP mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives to provide the highest level of patient centered care. In accordance with the American Nurses Association (ANA) Scope and Standards of Practice, the New York State Article 139, Nurse Practice Act and as articulated in the NYP nursing bylaws, the Department of Nursing supports the role of the RN in the direct provision of effective and comprehensive nursing care. In providing this care, the RN is responsible for diagnosing and treating human responses to actual or potential health problems through case finding, health teaching, health counseling, and provision of care supportive to or restorative of life and wellbeing. The RN is also responsible for executing medical regimes prescribed by a licensed physician, dentist or other legally authorized licensed health care provider (New York State Practice Act, 2010)
- Complete Nurse Residency Program if new Graduate
- Current NYS RN Licensure
- Knowledge of nursing process: social, behavioral, biological and physical science.
- Ability to analyze patient care data to deliver and evaluate care
- Knowledge of current health care environment
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Knowledge of effective interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of use of computer applications
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.