LocationBronxville, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Advanced Practice Nursing at NYP: Make a Difference Every Day
Nurse Practitioner - Workforce Health and Safety – Days
Practice the art and science of evidence-based nursing at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Lead the charge in improving the patient care experience. Together, we use our brains and hearts to provide the highest level of care imaginable. Establish and foster partnership with key members of the department and senior management. In the process, experience all the reasons we entered our noble field.
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for the management of the Occupational Health Clinic and the clinic's nursing/ancillary staff and care of employees and other workforce members at New York Presbyterian-Lawrence. Works with the department and collaborate with other professionals to ensure legal compliance and support program development and assessment and legally required reporting and recording processes. Responsibilities will include managing the day to day operations of the Occupational Health Clinic, performing physical exams, coordinating clinical projects and hospital-wide initiatives, treatment and care for work-related injuries, illnesses and exposures and monitoring the health of the workforce as per regulatory guidelines.
- Master’s degree in Advanced Nurse Practice
- Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner or Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Basic life support certification for all NP who provide direct patient care
- Willingness to travel to all NYPH locations occasionally
- Prescriptive authority
- Demonstrated proficiency in Occupational Medicine/Employee Health.
- Familiar with Travel Health
- Demonstrated leadership, management experience
- Strong decision-making skills, problem-solver, and Familiar with electronic medical record systems, information technology
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.