Nurse Practitioner - Urology - Larchmont
LocationBronxville, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Nurse Practitioner - Urology- Larchmont
Transform your nursing career at NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital. We adhere to our core values of respect, quality, integrity, and teamwork, while delivering superior and individualized care. Here, our nurses bring inspiring commitment and compassion to every patient. And that's just the beginning. Ours is one of the most acclaimed healthcare institutions in history, but were also creating a powerful future.
In this position you will lead the palliative care team, ensuring excellent patient care services, coordinating educational and outreach services. This position leads quality improvement initiatives, linking team effort with other hospital departments and with outpatient and community services.
This is a full-time, day shift opportunity at our New Facility located in
- Conduct intake/new appointments and triage patients to an appropriate Urologist
- Conduct post-operative visits
- Conduct all urgent and walk-in patient appointments
- Assist providers as necessary with issues requiring clinical follow up
- Work with Urology nurses to educate patients on clinical issues, as appropriate.
- Coordinate care for patients including communication with referring physicians for transfer patients
- Assist in the development of protocols, policies, and procedures
- Collaborate with other departments and programs such as; Obstetrics/Gynecology, Colorectal, Physical therapy, and others to provide the best care to our high risk patients
- Follow-up with all patients that call the Urology call center and leave a message, regardless if a provider has returned the patients call.
- Assess all abnormal results forwarded by RN.
- Cover all patient results and RN/LPN duties when RN/LPN is away.
- All other related duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with the interdisciplinary team
- Experience as a Nurse Practitioner
- Master's degree in Advanced Practice
- Current NYS RN license
- Current NYS NP license
- Excellent Customer Service
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.