Medical Assistant - Lawrence Medical Group - Full Time Days Flex
LocationBronxville, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Make it Possible:
Certified Medical Assistant - Lawrence Medical Group - Full Time Days Flex
NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Medical Group (NYPLMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPLMG, in collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
The Medical Assistant performs a variety of clinical and clerical functions, in accordance with established policies and procedures, to assist the practitioners and management in daily office operations.
- Accountable for the delivery of quality patient care
- Responsible for the clinical functions of the office: Vitals, phlebotomy, EKG’s, POCT
- Assist w/ the phones, scanning and front desk as needed for efficient care and outcome
- Order supplies through Meditech and medication/vaccines from LHC Pharmacy
- Stock all rooms
- Assist Physicians
- Call patients back for follow up if needed
- Print Lab requisitions and labels and apply to specimens
- Package specimens appropriately for pick up from courier
- Place prepared specimens in outside box for after hour pick ups
- Handle EHR tasks in a timely fashion
- Consistently monitor and clear Rosetta Holding Tank for lab results
- Submit Merge Request forms for any duplicate patients in system
- Log refrigerator temperature two times daily
- Achieve a good work flow for the Physician
- Anticipate the Physicians needs
- Identify patient needs
- Other duties/assignments and/or projects that may be assigned to you by the Manager/Supervisor/Administrative Director
This is a full time days flex position at the Lawrence Medical Group.
- Medical Assistant Certificate preferred
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Candidate must possess excellent judgment, communication skills, and the ability to work under pressure and work effectively with all levels of staff
- Basic computer skills required
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.