Intraoperative Monitoring (IOM)-Neurophysiology Technologist – Flex Shift
LocationBronxville, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Transform the Patient Experience and the Lives of Your Patients.
Intraoperative Monitoring (IOM)/Neurophysiology Technologist – Flex Shift
NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center is an amazing place where care, compassion and community meet a world-class experience. We’re delivering an innovative, patient-inspired experience that will transform patient care.
Under the supervision of the management team, the Intraoperative Neuromonitoring Technologist conducts diagnostic Evoked Potentials, EEG studies, and monitors all IOM modalities (SSEP, tcMEP, BAER, EMG, EEG) for neurosurgical, vascular, pediatric, ENT and INR procedures. The Intraoperative Neuromonitoring Technologist is a multi-skilled professional who provides adequate monitoring with proficiency in troubleshooting technical problems and keeps the surgeons and IOM physicians informed of any significant changes. This position requires a high level of interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information with physicians and other technical personnel. The Intraoperative Monitoring Technologist will provide IOM clinical service in a variety of settings including inpatient, outpatient, and intraoperative area.
This is a full time, flex shift opportunity five days a week, plus on-call coverage as needed. Location is at our NYP Westchester in Bronxville; right across from the Metro North Train Station.
- Two years college
- Graduation from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (CAAHEP) accredited Electroneurodiagnostic (END) Program
- Credential in one of the fields: Intraoperative Monitoring (CNIM), Electroencephalography (R.EEG T) and/or evoked potentials (R. EP T)
- Three years of IONM experience and demonstrated ability to meet competencies of the department
- Must possess a basic knowledge of normal and abnormal EEG, evoked potential, and/or NCV patterns and/or a working knowledge of abnormalities on diagnostic EEG studies, evoked potential studies and nerve conduction studies
- Thoroughly familiar with procedures for maintenance of sterility and patient safety in the operating room
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.