1St Cook - Food and Nutrition - Days
LocationBronxville, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
You Can Make It Possible
Discover Where Amazing Works
First Cook – Food and Nutrition – Varied Shifts
Step into the distinct amenities unit at New York's top medical institution, and transform your hospitality career. From former U.S. Presidents, television personalities and iconic celebrities, we care for high profile individuals with supreme professionalism. With dedicated culinary staff, concierge service and an elegant hotel-like setting, we’re proud to redefine the patient care experience. Now, you can be part of Making It Possible!
Join NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital in strengthening the health of our patient community through top-notch nutrition. In our compassionate culture of care and caring, talented culinary professionals are providing meals that soothe the soul and support the healing process.
This is a Full time opportunity to cover the hours of 4:30am – 1:00pm or 10:00am – 6:30pm with rotating weekends and holidays at NYP Lawrence. Located right across the Metro North Station in Bronxville.
- Culinary background
- Minimum high school diploma – 2 years accredited cooking/catering school
- Serv Safe certification
- Knowledge of cooking methods/procedures, including types of preparation and related functions
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.